Monday, July 12, 2010

Pie Crust & Pecan Pie....

My first attempt at making pie crust crashed and burned. It was horrible! So after chucking the dried out dough in the trash I called my mother and cried to her and asked what in the world I did wrong. Okay maybe I didn't cry. In the end really not sure what I did wrong but mom said when Cray and I came up on the July 4th weekend she and I would make pies together.

Making them with her was a total success!! Maybe my first attempt failed because I didn't have a pastry cutter or maybe I didn't add enough Crisco or maybe too much flour. Who knows!

Last night I tried making the crust on my own. S-U-C-C-E-S-S again!!! I was so very proud of myself. Cray had to endure me jumping up and down clapping my hands like a silly school girl.

Next I made a pecan pie. I found the recipe on The Pioneer Woman blog. It looks oh so good and I can't wait to try a piece tonight.




No comments: