Thursday, April 9, 2009

A “Stepford” wife

Not like I really want to be a controlled robot that my husband made but it would be nice to have my house and me looking perfect all the time. What I really need is a Rosie. You know from “The Jetsons”, what a great show.

Anyways, my life is just so crazy. I get up at 6:30 (which is too early for me) get myself ready for work, make sure Mr. H has lunch, and take care of the dog. Rush down the interstate to get to my office at 8:30. Work my butt off to make sure the office is running smoothly. Hop back on the interstate at 5 just to sit there and drive a distance that should only take me 30 minutes but ends up being an hour. Get home around 6 and fix dinner for two and make sure the dog has his dinner. Entertain my husband instead of cleaning because let’s face it that is a lot more fun. Maybe at the most do the dishes before climbing into bed anywhere around 10 or 11.
My question is how in the world do you just force yourself to do the wifely duties of making sure the house is clean? My BFF Mrs. T. and I have been trying to get into a routine for cleaning so we wouldn’t be cramming cleaning into just Saturday. We just can’t seem to get our acts together and get it done even though we broke it down into little baby steps. We have the making bed down to a T but that’s about it.

What do you do to make cleaning easier? Any suggestions would be helpful.

No comments: