Friday, June 12, 2009

Time Flies

Photobucket
It’s hard to believe that a year ago today Cray and I were closing on our home. Time just flies by when you aren’t even looking. It was such a hard time trying to close our home. Believe me being a first time home buyer it was not a fun time for us.

We finally found the perfect home for us after looking at tones of MLS listings. It was always something. Yard was too small, not enough rooms, not in a good area, too far from work. Finally I pulled this one up and Cray said it was perfect!!! I was so thrilled. It was a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home on a ½ acre lot!! Perfect for two young kids starting out.

So we put in an offer and after about a day of going back and forth with negotiations we had a complete contract. We were going to close May 23st. Plenty of time to get everything in the house before we got married June 21st.

Well then our loan officer passed away and the bank decided they wanted to look over all of our paper work. I think I hate banks for this reason. It took them almost a month to decide that it was okay for us to have that loan. *sigh* What a pain in the butt!!!

So we finally got the call June 12th that we were going to close. YAY!! I was so agitated by this point and just ready to close. I was so raped up with finishing the details on the wedding that I just wanted it done! Thankfully we closed with no more problems and Cray and I were the happy owners of our own little casa.

Now a year later we are happy as could be dreaming up of ways to turn our casa into everything we ever wanted. Such a whirlwind of excitement June was last year. Thankfully this June is not so overwhelming. Mr. H is taking me to Wilmington for our one year. I’ll be sure to take lots of pictures of this beautiful historic town.

Have a great weekend!!!

No comments: