Monday, August 2, 2010

Best parts of summer...

I love summer! I love the warm sun, the smell after it rains, the vacations, ice, summer camp. One of the best parts of summer is VBS. I loved VBS growing up and now that I'm an adult I get to help out with VBS and see all the children enjoy it. This year our theme was IPODS for Jesus. Our church staff did such a great job of putting it together. I'm truly blessed to have all of them in my life.


Here we are running through the music before the children show up.

We had a goal for the children this past week. We do homeroom hope project every year through our church. Our goal this year was 225 backpacks. They needed to bring in some to help us reach our goal. They went over our goal...we had a total of 322!! They did such an amazing job and in return yesterday all of our ministers got a pie in the face. Classic!

Here are our ministers taking the pie.

No comments: