Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Jesus Never Fails

So this weekend we received some unexpected news at our church. It was heart breaking and there were many tears. The speaker at the beginning of the sermon said something that has really stuck with me, Jesus Never Fails. Weather you say it as a chant or say it out of desperation it is so true. Right now I know my church family is saying it out of desperation, turning completely to Christ and whispering Jesus Never Fails.

On my way into work this morning I heard a new song by Need to Breathe. It really reminded me that whatever burdens you have you can lay them down at the Savior's feet and walk away. What a wonderful thing.

I Hope these lyrics moved you the way they moved me.

Come down to the river
Come and let yourself in
Make good on a promise
To never hurt again

If you're lost and lonely
You're Broken down
Bring all of your troubles
Come lay 'em down

All you sinners
And the weak at heart
All you helpless
On the boulevards
Wherever you are now
Whatever evil you've found
Bring all of your troubles
And come lay 'em down

We're all tied to the same old failings
Finding shelter in things we know
We're all dirty like corrupted small towns
We'll bring our troubles
We'll bring our troubles lay 'em down

All you rich men
And the high above
All those with And without love
All you burdened Broken down
Bring all of your troubles
Come lay 'em down