Thursday, June 17, 2010

Colorado Vacation....Day 5

On Wednesday we all hopped in my brothers truck and headed up to Crested Butte. It is at a higher elevation then Gunnison and they still have a lot of snow. We were hoping to go sledding but my brother forgot the sleds. No big deal we still played in the snow and had a great time. I was amazed at how much snow they still had. Here in Charlotte the snow stays for maybe a day if that. So here we are in June and I was standing on snow that was almost as tall as Cray. CRAZY!!

So our goal was to make it to the top of the mountain in the truck and then do a little hike to this lake that is on top but the snow stopped us from getting to the lake that way. Thankfully there is always more then one way to get somewhere. The lake was so beautiful and peaceful. I could have spent hours up there just taking it all in.

After the hike we went to Peta Paradise. They have amazing peta sandwiches. I had the hummus peta. So very yum-o!













That concludes day 5.

No comments: